7 Ways to Better Your Life
November 29, 2011 by Karen Fagan ·
When it comes to making changes to bettering our life, the first thing that you may ask yourself is where to begin. I have 7 brilliant and easy ways to better your life starting today. As you read through start with the ones that most resonate with you.
- Trust Your Intuition: Imagine your life if you fully tapped into your intuition. Our intuition is one of most powerful resources we own. Listening to our intuition is the essence of creativity, the foundation for intentional living, and the source of all our best answers and decisions. Intuition is that hunch you have, your gut feeling or as I refer to it, my “knowing.” Connecting and listening to your intuition is a skill to master. For some people, trusting intuition is hard to do. I recommend you start by allowing yourself the experience of listening to your intuition. Even if you’re unsure, listen to your knowing and begin to trust. Listening to your intuition is key in making decisions because you already have the best answer inside you. By listening to your intuition you access exactly what you need to know and is the best knowledge source for any life or business decision.
- Show Up in Your Life: Do you expend more energy avoiding your life rather than showing up in it? Is more time spent telling yourself you will do it tomorrow, wasting hours away on Facebook, or watching television instead of being present to your life’s vision? It’s time for that to change. Begin showing up in your life — in small big ways, it doesn’t matter; the point is to show up. Show up imperfectly; be exactly who you are right now. Agree to stop tricking yourself into thinking you will show up later – once you’ve come up with the perfect way to do it, the best idea or the ideal opportunity. The best of everything comes after you decide to show up. When you show up in your life, you build a deep sense of self-confidence and which allows you to play a bigger role in your life.
- Learn to Receive: Women are masters at giving but have a difficult time receiving. We often don’t fully receive what is given to us. Open yourself to fully accept what others offer to you; you deserve it. Accept compliments, gifts, and help when others extend them to you. All you have to do is say, “Thank you.” When you begin to receive you experience life and people in a more meaningful way.
- Get Comfortable with Being Uncomfortable: Stepping out of your comfort zone can be unpleasant or scary, but staying in a place where we feel at ease doesn’t help us make the changes we desire or take our lives to the next level. Make an agreement with yourself to find a way to be comfortable with being uncomfortable. Today, do one thing you’ve wanted to do but haven’t yet because you feel uncomfortable doing so. Through the process of doing this you will find out you have much more to offer yourself and the world.
- Take More Action: Inaction does not result in fulfillment. Get out of your head and into your life by taking action. Instead of waiting for some big push or inspiration to hit, decide to take action right now. If you have a sense your life would benefit from taking a class, or working with a coach sign up. If you been thinking about writing that book, starting drawing or getting back to an exercise regimen, stop thinking and take action. Write your outline, enroll in that class, get your art supplies, put your sneakers on and take that walk. Take action.
- Break out of Captivity: Say no to old rules that hold you back and create new ones of your own. Let go of outdated self-images and beliefs that no longer support you and where you are going. Stop worrying about what everyone else will think, turn off your inner critic and follow your heart.
- Embrace Life’s Lessons: Don’t worry about making mistakes. When you concern yourself with thoughts of failure, you hinder yourself from making any progress. Concerning yourself with how you might not succeed keeps you from taking action to move forward. The more you worry about making mistakes the more stagnant you become. Begin to trust that every mistake you make is the perfect opportunity to learn and grow. Embrace the lessons you’ll learn from the blunders and errors you might make rather than allowing these fears to hinder your progress. Don’t beat yourself up about how you might not be perfect; celebrate the fact that you are taking charge of your life and taking action toward your goals!
The best thing about your life is you get to decide, how and when you want to change it. Putting one or all of these tips into practice will getting you moving and I guarantee you’ll find that you are more self-confident and feel more in control of your life and your destiny.