Here are the top 10 signs that you are on fire (fir-yah) and making your dreams come true!
10. You regularly visualize the end result, fully infused in the after-glow, and you are in the “feeling state” feeling now what it will feel like once your dream comes true.
9. You fully “show – up” everyday – taking action – no matter what – fully committed to consistent action – you no longer get tripped up in fear – feelings of fear have now turned into feelings of excitement – you no longer experience boredom and actually you are feel amazing!
8. You’re not caught up in the “how” it will happen and you have released attachment to the outcome. You are being exactly who you need to be to get something you never have had (oh yeah baby!).
7. It deeply matters to you; you are passionate, and you will not stop.
6. You treat yourself and other people exceptionally well – you have so much to give. You are surrounded by people who dream big and fully support you!
5. You’re smiling way more than normal and are open to new opportunities and fun adventures.
4. You act and speak as if your dream already has come true. You have cut off any other possibility expect your dreams coming true. The f word (failure) is no longer part of your mindset or vocabulary. You radiate all things good!
3. Your dream coming true probably does not depend upon specific people and you no longer worry about what others think. You certainly are not wasting your precious time living in the memories of the past of what could have, would have or should have been. Your time is now and your future has never look so freaking good!
2. You already know what your next goal is, you are OWNING your ambition, life is tasting so sweet and you are fully in your sweet spot!
1. You go to bed excited to wake-up in the morning (my personal favorite!) you are blowing your mind with your new mindset!
Mastermind Groups are a powerful venue for change and have been around for centuries. Napoleon Hill, author of Think and Grow Rich, studied the richest men of the early 1900’s and wrote this book as part of his research (if you haven’t read it already I highly recommend it). One of the common practices of all of the wealthy men he researched was that they participated in a Mastermind with other like-minded men. These Mastermind groups served the purpose of helping the participants solve problems and move forward in their goals, making them more wealthy and successful.
“Master Mind as coordination of knowledge and effort, in a spirit of harmony, between two or more people, for the attainment of a definite purpose,” is how Napoleon Hill describes the Mastermind idea he studied. “This form of cooperative alliance (the Mastermind) has been the basis of nearly every great fortune. Your understanding of this great truth may definitely determine your financial status.”
Today, women entrepreneurs are designing new models of the Mastermind – and the results are more powerful than ever before. Being a women entrepreneur and being a member of a high level Mastermind group, I’m huge believer in the Mastermind model (in addition to private coaching) because it connects me with like-minded, big vision people and has tripled my success as an entrepreneur. I get to offer my point of view to my Mastermind group, and I receive solutions from the most extraordinary people.
When we try to create a profitable business on our own, it’s too easy to get overwhelmed, frustrated, isolated and stuck. When entrepreneurs are in this place, they (maybe you can relate to this?) they often begin to think that maybe there is something wrong with them. But the real truth is there is absolutely nothing wrong with you. In fact, the real truth is that you have a profound message to share that will help people transform their lives. I know deep in your heart you long to get this message out in the world in a BIG WAY!
But what exactly is a Mastermind? And how do you know if it’s for you?
Below are five elements of a Mastermind group. This will give you an idea of how they work so you can decide whether or not you would like to form a Mastermind or join one.
1. A Mastermind allows you to see a much bigger vision for yourself and moves you forward allowing you to take much bigger leaps.
A Mastermind is about creating consistent forward momentum and helping you achieve your dreams and goals. A Mastermind group brings out the things that are within you that you cannot see for yourself.
Masterminds are different than support groups. Support groups are wonderful to heal from past trauma, but Masterminds are not about healing. Mastermind groups are about growing taking big leaps and being willing to live out your fullest potential and playing your biggest game.
People who try to form casual Masterminds often end up disappointed. Causal Masterminds are much different than a Mastermind group with strong coaching and high level teaching of mindset, systems and marketing.
All members have to hold that level of energy, commitment, desire and set an intention to keep that momentum. This is not always an easy task!
2. A Mastermind Group is about powerful shifts in your mindset. Complaining, excuse-making and whining are not options!
In a Mastermind, each person gets a “hot seat” to present her big vision for her business and life to the group. The person presents her goals, dreams, and challenges. Tears often happen, as she is releasing fearful energy that up to this point has kept her stuck and realizing the time is NOW to move forward.
Complaining, excuses-making, whining and the feelings of staying stuck quickly dissolve. You are not only heard and fully supported, you are also given you need to gain clarity and move forward. Mindsets are a huge part of the Mastermind.
3. A Mastermind Group is about growth and expansion out of your comfort zone.
Most people desire expansion and growth. People who join a Mastermind know in their gut without growth for their purpose and dreams they’ll die a slow death. When you take part in a Mastermind you will be expanded and stretched. This excites people because they know on the other side of their comfort zone is huge growth. In fact, this is one of the biggest reasons people want to take part in a Mastermind! They know the results they have had from staying within their comfort zones and not satisfactory. Masterminds are very effective because they require you to expand out your comfort zone so you get the results you want (let’s get serious – helping more people, more money, more personal freedom and the business you love!).
4. A Mastermind Group offers support and holds you accountable.
For me personally, I am showing up for my life and business in a way I have never done before as a result of being part of a Mastermind. The results I am achieving are mind blowing! So much, in fact, I won the recent “Implementation Challenge” amongst my Mastermind group.
You see, creating a clear vision, having systems, and deciding and taking action are my strengths, and Masterminding has made these strengths even stronger (actually this is one reason why my clients love me as their coach. I move them from being stuck to achieving freedom through clarity, systems, deciding and action).
5. A Mastermind creates a huge space for new ideas, implementation, and resources. It’s a relationship of giving and receiving.
Each person is fully present and committed to supporting their Mastermind group. When each person gives their full focus and attention to one person and her dreams, brilliant ideas spark and solutions are offered. Challenges are no more – that is the power of the group. Resources and connections are often discovered in the process. This is just some of the tremendous value and benefit to taking part in a Mastermind.
There is something incredibly powerful about being amongst a group of Big Visionaries within the Mastermind.
Napoleon Hill put it this way: “No two minds ever come together without, thereby, creating a third, invisible, intangible force which may be likened to a third mind.”
The intention with the Mastermind group taps into a higher source of intelligence and creativity naturally guiding the group and moving it forward together. A greater awareness happens.
The awareness of this “third” mind helps me trust and access the knowing from within. Therefore, I am able to walk into fear and trust there is something bigger happening on the other side of fear.
Being part of a Mastermind is the greatest gift I could have ever given my business. It was an investment and risk I knew I had to take if I ever wanted to grow my business to a point where I could help more women and produce a larger income. Without risk, there is no reward.
Owning your personal power is the essence to living and creating the richest life possible. When I speak of personal power, I don’t mean physical power. I mean stepping into a place where your time is spent living from your heart and being connected to your creative energy, speaking your truth, making high value choices and taking actions towards your goals. I completely encourage you to make a shift out of the old paradigm that states, “It’s bad for a woman to be confident, assertive, decisive and completely happy.” Shift into a new way to be, live and lead your life. Imagine how you might feel by fully embracing your unique gifts, and how making this shift will bring better results to your life and business.
I’d like you to answer this question: Are you consciously aware of your personal power? If so, do you embrace it or push it away?
How many times has someone told you that you are amazing, that they love your artwork, or your teachings? That your sales numbers are on track? How often do you push them away saying, “Who me?” “No. I’m really not.” “Sales could be a lot better.” And you think, “If they only knew the real truth”
My client Jill is a great example of someone who pushes her personal power away. She used to think her six-figure success was just a mistake, like she stumbled into it or she was just in the right place at the right time. She didn’t claim she created it by her dedication, effort and her own brilliance. She pushed her personal power away and thought her success was something outside herself. Being in this place of disempowerment inhibited her ability to fully absorb, to fully taste her success. She would spend a lot of time thinking she wasn’t doing enough. She watched everyone else doing things she should be doing, instead of fully engaging in the results she had created. Here she was, having achieved exactly what she had wanted but believing she wasn’t good enough for the job and acting like her success was some fluke.
Another client I coached named Susan pushed all compliments away in regards to the awards she received for her outstanding performance. When someone would walk into her office and comment on her achievement plaques hanging on the wall, instead of saying thank you and fully feeling her success, she would think, “If they only knew the real truth.” This place of disempowerment kept her playing small. She focused on what she didn’t have versus what she had already created. Because she was disempowered, Susan struggled to complete the daily tasks that would have allowed her to move forward. Rather, she distracted herself to avoid the progress that would propel her toward success for fear that someone may “find her out”.
One of my favorite lines from Marianne Williamson is, “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.”
What Jill and Susan didn’t know was that living your life and running your business comes from the same power source: you, because they are made up of you. We bring ourselves to everything we do: disempowered or empowered.
Are you ready to boldly go to an area you may not have considered? Imagine stepping into your personal power. What would your life look like from this view? What choices would you make?
I would like you to create a New Healthy Vision of Your Personal Power. The first step is to take note of the areas where you are disempowered.
Examples of disempowerment:
- I don’t acknowledge my areas of success.
- I help other people to avoid looking at my life and creating my own personal success.
- I say yes when I mean no.
- I hide behind my truth.
- I stay in a place of overwhelm.
Then create a list with a new vision to step into your personal power:
- I acknowledge my areas of success.
- I look directly at the areas of my life that overwhelm me and find the resources I need to accomplish my goals.
- I say, “Yes” to only the people and things I want to say, “yes” to, and I say, “No” when I mean, “no”.
- I empower myself to move beyond my place of overwhelm.
Start to adjust your thinking and your lifestyle to your new vision of personal power. You’ll be amazed at the impact it will have on your life and your success!
Do you have a big vision for your life and lots of ideas that you would like act upon, but your stuck in rut wondering when life will shift for once and for all?
I have the honor of coaching some of the most amazing women on this planet. What I have realized is that most women have a few things in common: They are brilliant, desire a really succulent life, have a really big vision (that often scares them right out of their panties), and have AMAZING ideas. However, these same women are almost always fearful, unsure and full of self-doubt. Their ideas never really get implemented because they are stuck, overwhelmed, frustrated and unclear. I really relate to this because I used to be the same exact way!
All of these brilliant women have a strong desire to make a difference in this lifetime. They want to leave a legacy behind and help others by doing what they love. What is really interesting is when one of my clients gets really clear and connects to her heart’s desire, she becomes aware that if she were living her desire FULLY, she would be so happy, unstoppable, fearless and feel a complete sense of freedom. Can you resonate with this?
If we have brilliant ideas and heart-felt desires, why do we struggle with creating a life on purpose? Where’s the disconnect? I am giving you the Top 7 things that Hold Women Back from Taking the Big Leap: Indecision, Procrastination, Self Doubt, Worry, Fear, Waiting and Negative Body Image.
Here’s the deal: These 7 things are very easy to overcome with the right mindset and support. This is easier than you think, though it may not presently feel this way.
Below are the top 7 Things that Hold Women Back from Taking the Big Leap. Read through them to see where you may stopping yourself then commit to live your purpose FULL OUT NOW. If you need support, for heaven’s sake, just allow yourself to have it! The only person holding you back is you. What’s perfect about this is you can change it by doing the exact thing your soul keeps telling you to do. It’s the very thing you keep ignoring.
Indecision means putting off making decisions or not making a decision at all. Successful women reach decisions promptly and hardly change them, if at all, slowly. They have deep trust and feel confident they change course at any given time.
Making quick decisions will liberate you.
People who are stuck and aren’t living the life they truly want are wishy-washy and change their mind frequently. They say yes/no/maybe over and over again. Ultimately they never come to any decision, so their life does not change – which leads to number two (see below).
Which we all know procrastination is putting off what needed to be done yesterday until tomorrow. Your life is now and is waiting for you to fully show up in the present moment.
Get to understand and become aware of why you are procrastinating, instead of being unconscious to this behavior.
If you have a big dream, but you procrastinate, there is huge incongruency. It is worth your time to invest and understand why you are putting off the exact things you say you desire. Please stop fooling yourself that you will do it tomorrow. Tomorrow never happens. You have today to LIVE FULLY. Make it count!
3. Self Doubt:
Self doubt is a big cover up! It shows up in the form of feeling blah, making excuses or justifications for the reason why it won’t work out right now. It is disguised as envy, jealously, and criticizing yourself or others.
Waiting for the perfect time or perfect whatever (body size or right amount of money) to commit to something is really just you doubting your abilities.
If you are filled with self doubt, you need more clarity. You will also benefit with the support of another to champion you and help you develop the self confidence you need. When you end self doubt, you can move forward and take action on your dreams.
There is no need to doubt yourself. If your mind can conceive it, then you absolutely can achieve it!
Worry is one the biggest forms of distraction I know. It takes you out of the present moment and takes you into the future – the unknown – which is scary for most. However, in my experience the future is filled with wonder and delight. This is achieved by letting go of worry and getting present with your self, your life and dreams.
Worry is a form of fear and is just an illusion about something that may happen in the future. It a form of “trying” to control an outcome.
What if you let go of worry and allowed something amazing to happen?
Fear is not real (period). It is an illusion created in the mind by the ego. The ego’s primary role is keeping you from growing and expanding. It wants to keep you small, but you were born to big.
6. Waiting – What the heck are you waiting for?
You want it now – right? So why are you waiting to go for it? Get clear about this.
Most often – women wait for the right time, the right amount of money, etc. I learned how to completely love myself through choosing not to wait – to go after what I want – especially when things aren’t perfect. Waiting is stagnant energy that only creates more stagnant energy – it shows up in painful thoughts, self-sabotage, emotional eating, etc. – fueling more fire to any belief that you can’t do it. And honestly, waiting does not feel good. When you decide and take action NOW it fuels fire to the belief that you have everything you need to rock your life and body!
7. Negative Body Image:
Last week I spoke with a woman who shared her struggle of her own body image. She told me she often isolates in her house. When it comes to going out to events, she gets nervous about who will be there and how they will judge her, and this often stops her from going – or if she does go she immediately starts comparing herself to other women.
Body image and self-perception matter deeply when we give them the power to alter our behavior in a way that does not feel good. In our personal and professional lives, a negative body image blocks us from having more deeper intimacy, wonderful experiences, making more money – it just plain stops us from creating the ultimate life, health, body, and even financial status, we deeply desire.
Love and fear can’t exist at the same time.
Successful women have big fears but they understand what fear is and what it is not. They face their fear and do it anyway. They connect to self -love and value, belief, trust, and faith. Developing self confidence diminishes fear so you can move forward and create your life on your terms.
Please do yourself a big, big favor and commit to move beyond these 7 things that keep you stuck. Stop waiting for the perfect time, let go of the need for complete certainty, the fear of scarcity, the struggle with your body weight and waiting for the right amount of money. If you don’t, you will be waiting a long, long time. Your time to shine is NOW!
Please share with me how you will allow yourself to shine by posting your comments here on my blog!
Emotional triggers can happen just like that! One minute you’re feeling great, the next you’re down in the dumps. Have you ever experienced this? You read something, have a conversation with someone, see a colleague who’s doing something that you wish you were, see a couple laughing or a woman dressed really nicely, and all of a sudden your energy and joy decreases.
You may not even realize you’ve been triggered. But you know you feel off and out of alignment. Perhaps you become anxious, jealous, fearful or simply shut down.
It is really not about the other person, what you read or what you saw. Triggers take you back to an unpleasant event in your past, which is what stirs up the unpleasant feelings. However, being triggered is a great opportunity to heal, learn, grow and fully become more YOU.
One negative emotional trigger can lead you down a painful path to feeling powerless if you don’t know what’s going on. That’s why it’s so important to become fully aware of the things that trigger you.
Negative triggers can have the following manifestations:
- Physical: You are depleted of energy, eat more junk food, and become sleepy.
- Emotional: You lack motivation and feel helpless, overwhelmed, angry, anxious or depressed.
- Mental: You are less aware; you procrastinate, and have repeated self-defeating thoughts.
- Spiritual: You have no connection to purpose, creativity or inspiration.
Everyone has emotional triggers. Here are some ways in which you can learn to master them.
- Make a List of Your Emotional Triggers
Understanding what your emotional triggers are raises your awareness so that you can create a plan for self-care, be well and not suffer when they arise. Also, it is important to recognize that when we are fatigued, we are much more susceptible to our negative emotional triggers.
- Be Present to How You Feel.
Remind yourself that you’re being triggered because of a connection to a past event and detach from the old story. Release it. Decide to not give your power and energy away to someone or something that is not serving you. The only way to move on is to empower yourself to let go. When you’re empowered and in alignment, you feel energized, happy and great. Stay connected to how you feel throughout the day.
- Get Out of Reactive Mode
You can learn a lot from emotional triggers – and growing from them takes you to a higher level in your life. Understanding our triggers teaches us valuable lessons about who we are and what brings us peace. From here, we get to create new options for ourselves rather than staying in reactive mode.
The next time you find that you are experiencing negative repercussions from a trigger, stop and realize that you have a choice in whether you react. If you know your buttons are being pushed, breathe and choose calm. Think, “What is the big lesson for me to learn here?” Asking questions like
- Do I want to react or grow?
- Is relinquishing my power to someone else in alignment with my desires?
- What do I know to be true today?
will help you move through the negativity and learn the lesson you are being taught by the experience. Learn to choose calm over chaos.
There was a time in my life I was really disconnected to my own self. I didn’t even know what I liked, what pleased me, not to mention, what I wanted to do with my precious life. But the one thing I did know, I was not living the life I desired. I felt this in my soul. It’s not something I had to know – it was a feeling deep down inside me.
Once I figured out who I was as a woman, I was so afraid to reveal this to the world. I was afraid to dress the way I truly wanted, even as far as being afraid to wear too big of earrings in case people talked about me. I was afraid to tell people that, once, I really wanted to take my own life. I was afraid to eat super healthy food in front of people who weren’t eating the same way or who were unhealthy themselves. I thought people will think I am crazy; too much – too demanding – too into living a higher quality life.
So, I just kept myself a very small version of me in hopes I wouldn’t rock the boat. In order to not get people mad, I kept myself safe and small so others would like me and wouldn’t judge me for living a happy and healthy life.
Has something like this ever happened to you?
Many of my private clients used to be scared silly to express who they are as a woman and what their place is in this world. They stay quiet; stay in the wrong place in their lives or careers; carry extra weight and have depleted energy and bank accounts. Sound familiar?
Take an honest look at what your life is right now. When it comes to your body, your relationships, your personal life, your career - Are you a woman who is rocking it authentically, or are you hiding behind the rock? Playing small, playing safe and hiding behind a rock – doesn’t work EVER! I know!!
I lived behind the rock for a long time. Why? Because nothing was ever allowed to feel good … I never allowed myself the pleasure of a job well done; the pleasure of living a good and healthy life; of having quality relationships. Living behind the rock keeps you completely out of alignment with who you really are; who you are meant to be and it will never bring you any closer to your heart desires.
How do you step into who you really are as a women and be who you are meant to be?
Take a look at this list and see what you can change and start working on today.
Women Who Rock Out Life Authentically …
1. Never apologizes for who she is, what she wears, what she desires and for what she does or what she doesn’t like.
2. Says what she means even if it pisses people off.
3. Lives her life with compassion but doesn’t sacrifice her happiness for others.
4. Has very clear boundaries
5. Is very clear with when she says YES and when she says NO
6. Lives free from guilt, self-criticism, and gossip
7. Asks for what she needs – without hesitation.
8. Brings her best self forward even when she doesn’t feel like it.
9. Knows that if she is at a restaurant and her meal comes not to her standard, she can graciously ask for it to be returned, corrected or ask for something else – without feeling like she’s been needy or a b%$#@.
10. Knows how to please herself and knows how to ask others to please her.
11. Is surrounded by friends that support and challenge her to be her best.
12. Wears larger than life earrings when she feels like (My private clients did this – it felt so good to her to wear what she truly desired)
13. Rests and replenishes because she craves it.
14. Makes decisions without the need to justify them.
15.Knows when she indulges in spa treatments or shopping, she doesn’t have to hide it from her loved ones.
16. Spends quality time with her children and loved ones, free from distraction.
17. Thrives on contribution.
18. Knows exactly when she needs rest.
19. Flosses her teeth, feeds her body with high quality food.
20. Seeks all things wonderful.
21. Doesn’t waste time in drama and chaos
22. Has decided to no longer waste time with body image issue; rather set her life up to love her body and support it.
23. Invests in herself and life without hesitation or guilt.
24. Continuously adds more color in to her life.
25. Allows herself to connect to her sensual energy as women.
26. Lives in love not in fear.
27. No longer pretends everything is o.k. when it’s not. She stopped pretending and telling herself it will get better. She finally gives herself the gift of a powerful coach.
28. Allows dreams; she is curious; she desires the best for herself, family, animals and community
So tell me… how will you authentically start Rocking Your Life Out? Start today by posting your comments on how you will start. I would love to hear them!! Together we can do this!
Part of being a confident, strong, successful woman is living from a place of calm and fully connecting to your inner rhythm. Doing away with drama, chaos, worry, self-criticism and such behaviors will allow you to instantly feel a sense of calm in your life.
Being free from everything that is not authentic to you will give you a sense of calm so you can get clear and take action on the things you’ve been secretly dreaming about.
1. Confident women have no interest in interpreting the actions of others (big energy zapper).
Let go of the need to worry, especially about what others think or meant when they did this or said that. Release the need to ruminate on what happened, what you did or didn’t say or what others did or didn’t do. Completely release worrying from your life and about what others think. Worry doesn’t bring happiness.
The truth of the matter is we have no idea of and we have no control over what others think. When we spend time interpreting the actions of others, it depletes us and distracts us from our life; these distractions usually leads to self-sabotaging behaviors. Let go today of the habit of interpreting others’ actions and put this energy into living out your desires and creating the most meaningful life.
Make a sacred commitment today to free yourself for good from analyzing the actions of others. Replace this energy with dreaming BIG – you will instantly feel better!
2. Confident women choose a life free from worry.
Worrying about the things from the past, future and things we can’t control, never provides a helpful solution or contributes productively to our goals and dreams. Worry is a big distraction, holding us back and keeping us from taking consciousness and meaningful action in our lives.
Make a list of all the things you worry about on a daily basis and replace this worry with something that positively and powerfully fills your soul instead. You will feel so much better and feel more alive.
3. Confident women enjoy every moment in life – even the difficult ones.
Confident women know how to savor every morsel of life. They believe themselves to be strong, resourceful and creative, even in when things become challenging. They know that through challenge, there is growth.
Allow your self to move in the flow of things and let go of resistance. This is key even when things are most challenging. Staying connected to your good flowing energy, even in the most challenging moments in life, means looking for positive and creative solutions. You must let go of critical or negative thoughts so you are able to find the perfect opportunity in the challenging moment.
4. Confident women feel connected to themselves, others and nature.
The more you love yourself and the more connected you feel to yourself and with others, the more you give and receive.
Spend time each day whether it’ s journaling, taking a walk in nature, meditating or drinking a cup of tea, in quiet and begin to connect with yourself again. Dig deep into your soul and connect with you dreams and desires. Get to know yourself well, so you can begin to create the life you want and share your best self with the people in your world.
5. A confident woman smiles with her mouth, heart and eyes.
Your eyes are the pathway to your heart and soul – smile with them. Really practice this right now go to the mirror and smile at yourself with your eyes. Smiling brings feel-good energy and is very contagious. Smiling is a reflection of inner happiness and is a gift you can share with the world wherever you are.
6. Confident women act spontaneously and are not paralyzed by fear.
Please don’t let fear from the past, or fear of what could happen, stop you from being authentic and real right now. The past is the past, and we all have things from the past we would rather forget. The future hasn’t happened so fearing what could happen really isn’t the best way to engage in your life. If you allow yourself to give your power to the past or the future, this will hold you back. Allow your self to learn and grow, so you move on from the past and live in the present.
Are you ready for some new inspired energy and to step into a fresh start, new hope & possibilities? Last week I had clients tell me they were ready to clean up from the inside out meaning ready to conquer the piles of clutter they’ve been avoiding both physical & mental. Some clients simply were good to themselves guilt free and gave themselves, they invested in the thing they had been dreaming about or they decided to take up a new hobby. Other clients literally took much bigger steps in personal responsibility, deciding to stop making excuses, improve their financial well being and commit to more action for an extended period rather than on & off again.
Last week during my session with Ellen (I respect honor confidently therefore I will never use a clients real name) we discovered what her over filled closets really represented. The impact of over stuffed closets was symbolic of her relationship with HERSELF.
You see, the clutter in our lives is not there because we are lazy, don’t have time, are overwhelmed or unfocused that is all cover up – clutter is about a deeper issue. Tolerating clutter is a sure way to living a mediocre life.
When we want something bad enough we do whatever it takes to make it happen. I have personal experience with this one & I watch many of my clients take on this attitude. It works 100% full proof. To me it’s one of the boldest actions one can take.
When we chose to conquer the clutter in our life it frees us up to take action on the things that matter most to us. When we awaken to the real reason we are tolerating clutter in our physical space or mentally – we gain freedom to fly – higher than we can possibly imagine.
Here are 4 important questions to ask yourself so you can break free from clutter.
This week Empowerment Assignment: Grab your journal and answer these questions.
- Understand what you are getting out of the clutterThe only reason you have clutter is because it gives you something even if it’s not something good.You must be getting something out of that clutter, right?I asked my client Ellen this question last week. She said “what?” I then said, “Ellen we only tolerate things in our life because we get something out of it. Whether it’s good or bad so tell me what’s the pay off for your clutter.” At first she resisted the question and then really opened up to what the question had to offer her – Insight. In just a few moments her truth appeared.Ellen said in a very quiet voice ” What I get out of my clutter is I get to stay covered up in it and not be inactive in creating the life I want. I can continuously focus on the mess instead of facing my fears about moving forward.”Clutter was Ellen’s cover up for keeping it safe and staying small.Not moving towards her dreams and living her ideal life. If Ellen hides behind the clutter she wouldn’t upset anyone. Her fear is she may upset people if she actually left her job and started her own business. She was afraid to break out of the roles assigned to her.
Nice women are meant to break out of the assigned roles especially if they’re not happy in them, if it will better their life, people around them and the world.
She also realized she didn’t have to look her life in the eyes and get honest. Clutter allowed her to avoid the conversation she needed to have with herself, it created an illusion of keeping her safe from changing her career path and kept her at a safe enough distance from pursuing her dreams.
All Ellen got out of clutter was to focus on it and talk about instead of being BOLD and taking action to change her life.
- Who Would You be Without Your Clutter?Ellen told me she would be so happy she was honoring herself, she would stop feeling so bad for not honoring herself, she would be more bold and get her sexy back (she did say it). She would actually claim her voice and start her own business; she would enroll in the dance class she also wanted to, and she would actually want to be closer with husband.Write down who you’d be with out you clutter.Examples:Focused
- Do you want to take action to be that person listed above? YESNO
- STOP Looking the Other way (YOU deserve this to be clutter free): Decide to commit to look at the clutter and learn. Take ACTION.Answer these questions:
- What needs cleaning up in your life and your closets?
- What are your options for actively making this happen?
- Can you do this alone or do you need support?
- Who could offer you the best support?
Examples: yourself, friend or a coach to give your support and accountability.
Make Your Plan to be Clutter Free this Spring
Make a list of what you need in place to clean your clutter out. Devise your plan of action & get support if you need. For most women we resist support (I know I used to be a pro at this). Open yourself to accomplish this with ease by allowing yourself to set up any support you may need. Outsource hire someone to remove the table you haven’t used in years, the broken exercise equipment that’s collecting dust, take the bag of cloths to Goodwill. Ask a friend to come over get iced lattes, make it fun and go to work. Than reward yourself perhaps with a pedicure. Next would be to decide what support you need to create your master life plan of getting clear and moving in the direction of living on purpose.
When you feel better – you do better. You actually create excellence for yourself that overflows into your relationship with your family, friends, clients, career and your community – which just makes the world a happier, healthier and wealthier place. (Plus, the results you create will skyrocket!!)
Read through them and start now this week and implement them into your life!
1. Wake up early: (End your relationship with the snooze button) – I know most people want more sleep, but if you read and practice my other tips below, you will have more energy to wake up earlier. When you wake up earlier, create a morning ritual for yourself and only do things for YOU during this time.
2. Create a Ritual & Go to Local Farmers: Obtain a list of local farmers and local Farmer’s Markets in your area – preferably the organic farms. Plan a day to visit and do your shopping for greens, vegetables, fresh herbs, and meats. Make it an adventure and try a different fruit, vegetable, or other product. I have created a Saturday morning ritual and part of it includes visiting my Local Farmer’s market after an amazing workout. It truly is a satisfying and fulfilling experience to nurture my body, mind, and spirit – but it is also great to celebrate the local farmers and all their dedication and hard work (they are the best entrepreneurs!)
3. Power Up with a Green Smoothie: Green smoothies are my FAVORITE! Explore the power of greens! Making green smoothies is fun and will add a glow to your skin and vibrancy to your step…not to mention the improved mental clarity and focus! I can tell you from my own personal experience that there is so much power in drinking Green Smoothies – it’s a sure way to get your juju back – and instantly!
4. Drink lots of clean, purified water: You will be amazed at the difference in the way you feel when you are well hydrated. I replenish my body with a gallon of clean water a day and will never go back to less than this, because of the huge difference in how I feel – and I am all about feeling good! I know a gallon may seem like a lot, so start off with a ½ gallon of clean water and work your way up. Allow yourself the experience of feeling true hydration. The benefits are so wonderful – glowing skin, no more sugar or salt cravings, detoxification, and much more energy.
5. Good Fats: Good fats keep your metabolism on fire…burning – and this is good for your brain! It helps you feel satisfied. Be sure to include good fats each day. To do this, try Udo’s oil, avocado, or raw cod liver oil. Nuts are also a great source of good fat, however trade in the processed nuts and eat raw only – you will notice you will not overeat them, your digestive system will digest them with ease, and the flavor of raw nuts is very robust.
6. Refined sugars and processed starches are the devil: dump them like a bad freaking habit. Give yourself five days to eliminate them completely and you are going to feel a huge difference in your body and a zest for life – guaranteed! When you do this, you will wake up ready for the day instead of hitting the snooze button. You’ll feel calm, and even begin to have more passion! Learn about the impact of refined sugar and processed foods on your health, acid/alkaline balance, and intestinal health. Add raw organic veggies, sprouts, green drinks, green smoothies, enzymes, vitamins, and minerals to your diet.
7. Move Your Gorgeous Body! This one tip alone will move you out of feeling stuck! Work up a sweat! You will release feel good endorphins and get your lymph system moving, which carries away the waste and toxins! Walk, Jump Rope, Yoga, Run, Trampoline, Bike Ride, take a dance class, or swim. Try something new – or reconnect to a form of exercise you once loved. Just do it!
8. Turn up the “Feel Good”! Find, and regularly commit to activities that help you feel good and renewed. Some ideas: meditation, gratitude journaling, guided relaxation or visualization CD’s, nature, bubble baths followed by lathering your skin in your favorite body lotion. The point is to renew, add more you time, and just de-stress. Often we hold more stress in our bodies than we realize.
To Your Bold, Brilliant & Rich Success!
I will start this week out by saying you are so WORTHY of the effort it takes to feeling amazing so you can achieve your ULTIMATE DESIRES!
1. Get Your Sweet Self Up & Out of Bed:
Enough Already with the Snooze Button: The best thing about your life is that it is happening NOW! I often speak with women who are continuously hitting the snooze button. They lay in bed in dread, or just stay in bed – not wanting to get up. If this is you, please take my advice…it’s time to break up with your snooze button! Why? Nothing good comes from this habit. (A great thing about habits is that they can be broken with the right support!)
Yes, of course, sometimes we do need more rest, but that is not what I am talking about here, today. As women, we crave more time – more time in calm and peace. We desire more time to fall in love with ourselves, more time to nurture our souls and precious desires, and more time to make a plan toward our goals.
You see, one of my best secrets – ever – to living a vibrant, radiant, sexy, and happy life – is to wake up a little bit earlier and claim time for ME in the morning. While your family and loved ones are still sleeping, and the world is still quiet, can be the most beneficial time for your own well-being. There is an absolute sweetness that comes from creating a morning ritual – it is so powerful and soul transforming. This one step changes my private client’s lives in a really big way – words truly cannot express it. When we get clear about their morning and ditching the snooze button – magic happens for them! Magic, such as crystal clarity about your life, defining exciting personal and professional goals, and what’s next for you…These are all ways in which we connect to a higher level of focus that is absolutely necessary in the pursuit of your life’s new meaning and goals.
2. Express Your Truest Self:
Please make a new contract with yourself to fully express yourself. No more holding back, being submissive, and staying in hiding. The world needs your brilliance! It’s truly time to do away with the out-dated self-image of what you should and should not do. Instead, fully let go of the worry that you may hurt or upset others if you truly express yourself. Let’s face the real truth – the only one you upset and hurt is you, when you hold back on the self-expression. You have such brilliance inside of you – a true gift. When we liberate ourselves through self-expression, we liberate others to do the same.
True freedom comes in the form of self-expression, or the ways in which you can express yourself.
Here are some of my most favorite forms of self-expression:
- Through finding and using your voice more often.
- Writing and Journaling.
- Singing, Dancing, and Painting.
- Cooking and Gardening.
- Dressing yourself in a way that feels most authentic.
- Deepening intimacy with yourself and others
- Allowing yourself to receive love.
- Being vulnerable in a health way.
- Coming out of hiding.
- Connecting with more like-minded people.
- Expressing gratitude.
Add yours here______________________________________________________________
3. Claim What You Need and Want and Get the BEST Support
Women are often keeping up with the demands of life – instead of really claiming what it is we need and want, and getting the best support to help us fulfill wants and needs. If you are feeling frustrated, angry (or any other negative emotion) about someone, or something, chances are you have a need that is going unmet…so, it probably makes sense.
However, the truth is that knowing this, makes it your responsibility to take whatever action is necessary to get clear about your needs. It is up to you to determine what you need and to take action to get your needs met. I know at first it can be really uncomfortable to ask for what you need. But once you do it – and experience the freedom that comes from it – it will become easier to do. Someday, it just will be “how you roll”!
Remember, no one can take your personal power or happiness – unless you allow it. Take time today to get clear about what needs are going unmet in your life – and do not hesitate to invest in the best support to help with this, like hiring a coach. You deserve to have all your needs and goals met.
4. Eliminate Low Energy Foods:
If you want to feel amazing, you must eliminate low energy foods! When I coach private clients who have low energy foods in their daily food plan, they all have something in common – they have completely disconnected from their bodies and have forgotten how it feels to feel amazing in their own skin. You really deserve this in your life – to fuel your body with clean high-energy foods, to feel your absolute BEST, and be so incredibly comfortable in your own skin! Not only will you feel amazing, you will feel connected to your passion again, GSSD (get serious stuff done), feel sexy and vibrant, and you will be surprised how many opportunities come your way – effortlessly.
Do this today! Get clear about what you are eating and why you’re eating it. Then – answer this question: Is it helping you, or hurting you?