I use to think something was wrong with me for not doing the exact thing I knew would help turn my ideas and dreams into reality. I spent a lot of time saying “I know what I need to do, but why the heck am I not doing it?” This really blocked me from achieving my personal and business goals. Can you relate to this?
I spent a lot of time wondering why I wasn’t taking action or implementing the exact thing I said I wanted. I often felt confused, and I finally came to place where I was exhausted and tired of asking myself this question. I fully decided I wasn’t going to let another day, week, month, or year go by, feeling like I missed an opportunity.
Here are 5 tips to get you moving into your exact desires:
- Fully Decide: It is your time NOW and there is no better time to actively pursue your dreams. Why wait? The world needs you NOW. When we decide, we instantly become empowered to take action. The women in my Bold, Brilliant & Rich Life Mastery Program are mastering the power of making decision, and as a result they are up-leveling their lives and business plans. They are now taking action toward the things they once just thought of.
- Create YOUR Plan & Work It: Fully embrace the idea that you are the captain of your ship! Your schedule is about doing the things you love. There is a huge difference in waking up and being clear about the intention and focus of the day, as opposed to waking up and scrambling, just trying to keep up with whatever comes your way. Make time in your schedule to create your plan and work it. I suggest awaking and giving yourself what I call an “Hour of Power.” As women we need more time for us! You can begin with thirty minutes and develop consistency, then work your way up to an hour. You will find over time you crave the full hour because it makes you feel unstoppable, and you begin to see the amazing things you’re accomplishing.
- Priority & Focus: Get clear on your top three priorities and focus on these. Whatever we put our attention and focus on, we get more of. Eliminate the things/activities that drain you from being able to prioritize and focus. Get clear about where you are leaking time and where energy is being drained. This will allow you to make empowered changes to set your priorities and focus on them.
- Own Your Truth: Get honest with yourself and own your truth. Your inner truth is always waiting to be acknowledged so it can emerge and give you the incredible life of success and abundance you’ve always wanted. Most women hide from their truth because they fear what they will find. They have a hunch and knowing that if they follow their truth, their life will change in a powerful. This can be scary or they believe they aren’t deserving of their truth and the freedom it brings. You should know that your truth is the one thing that will set you completely free; the real thing you fear is your brilliance. Get quiet and own your truth. You ARE more than enough and you deserve to have the things you REALLY want deep inside.
- Support & Align yourself with like-minded people: It’s true what the success gurus say about the power of association. Surrounding yourself with like-minded, empowering individuals will keep you on track to your BIG goals and vision. This is the exact reason I invested in a high-level Mastermind group. When I feel as though my vision is too big, my Mastermind pushes me to dream even BIGGER. They see in me what I blindly do not see; they see my brilliance and push me to own my personal power. Because I’m constantly in contact with others who want the same abundant life I seek, it keeps me fully aligned with my goals. Being with a group like this will give support, encouragement and keep you taking action and accomplishing BIG things that bring the success you really want. You are full of potential surround yourself with the people, coaches and mentors that naturally pull this potential out of you.
Apply these 5 tips to your life TODAY – don’t wait – and you’ll find yourself closer to your BIG goals, dreams and vision every day.
This Week’s Question:
Hi Karen -
I am an entrepreneur and professional photographer, and I am so glad I took the leap to start my own business! I love it! However, over the last 16 months of being in business my income has been all over the place. I wonder if it’s possible to have consistent income as an entrepreneur? I will have a flood of income come in, and then go through a dry spell financially. I really hate being in the “dry spell” and experiencing all the high and lows. My energy drops, I feel stressed, anxious about when more money will start to come in, and worst of all I begin second-guessing myself.
Will you provide some insight on the highs and lows so I can avoid them and reach my six-figure financial goals?
Santa Monica, CA
Hi Julie -This is a great question! I often see a lot entrepreneurs go through this. They realize they need more clients, so they get to work creating marketing, they launch their program, fill it – and celebrate! Now that they’ve brought all the new clients onboard, they are super busy with all the new clients’ needs – and the focus shifts. But here’s the zinger – the cycle of the financial highs and lows is about to start all over again.
Why? Because, while they were super busy working with their clients they stopped marketing.
Sounds familiar, doesn’t it? Well here is the good news – consistency. To avoid this money and energy draining cycle – consistency is key. You need to create ongoing marketing that runs whether you are busy or whether you’re at the beach! Here is a simple step-by-step system to cure your ailment:
Step 1: Create a Plan
Preparing a marketing plan is your first step. You’ll need to conduct some market research to determine who your ideal client is, what their needs are, how you can meet those needs, where to find the solutions you need to help your client, and the daily activities you need to do to keep your pipeline full. Some of these activities may include networking, speaking, teleclasses, and social media marketing. All of these are active forms of marketing that take time, unless you can delegate some of the activities or automate them.
Step 2: Implement the Plan CONSISTENTLY
Consistency is key in marketing. It does no good to have a plan that sits on your desk, cluttering it up. Consistent promotion keeps your service or product in the minds of your prospects and customers, and helps stimulate demand. Never let a day pass without engaging in at least one marketing activity. No piece of information (invoices, thank you cards, emails, mail, etc) should ever go out without your company contact information on it. Every communication outside your company is an opportunity for you to promote yourself!
Step 3: Measure Your Results and Make Adjustments
Without measurement, you cannot effectively manage. It is the difference between operating strategically and just doing “stuff”. Which one do you think yields better results? Set specific marketing goals every year and then review and adjust the goals on a quarterly basis. Each month, review your plan against the results you are getting. It does take time to see consistent results when you start a new marketing program, but if you have been going to the same networking meeting for 2 years with no leads…then stop!
Create consistency in your marketing program and not only will you stop the financial and emotional highs and lows, you will be assured a much greater level of success.