1. Avoid Money
Money does not have power over us. It only has power over us when we relinquish our power to it.
Every time you avoid looking at your bank account, avoid opening your bills, keeping them instead in a pile, or tossing them into the trash unopened, you spend more money than what you actually have – due to avoiding your reality. Each time you do this, you are choosing to continue on the path to more struggles with money, instead of creating your abundance. There is no way to avoid this truth – you must take new action if you are to bring more money in.
Every single time you avoid money, you demonstrate to the universe that you believe in lack. You are demonstrating that you cannot handle more money, because you struggle to handle the money you have now. This avoidance is blocking the flow of money into your life.
The amount of money in your life today is a true reflection about what you believe you can or cannot have – that is it.
You deserve to give your attention and understanding to money. Choose to honor yourself right now and look at your money today. Write your expenses and income out on paper, look at your banking statements on line to see where all your money is going to and get clear about what you need to change within so you can create and have more money in your life.
2. Settle for LESS – In any area of your life.
“Suffer not one exception” -unknown
Often we settle for less and don’t even realize we are doing it. I want you to really think about this. Think about how it applies to your life, and decide to move yourself – today – to get clear about where you are settling for far less than you deserve in your life.
Are you in a relationship that brings you down, rather than bringing out the best in you?
Are you in a marriage that you are settling for because you are afraid that you can’t survive on your own, financially?
- Do you believe that you can’t lose weight, or create ultimate health in your life?
- Are you unhappy in your current career?
- Do your children show you disrespect?
- Do you have chaos and clutter in your life?
- Do you choose to do nothing to change your life, instead of empowering yourself, and getting the necessary support to transform your life?
- Do you tell yourself you want to decorate your house, travel, take a dance class – but then never do?
We often settle for putting our needs on the back burner, for less money than we deserve, for sex that is unfulfilling, for clothes that make us feel uncomfortable, for broken and unrepaired things, and for waiting until tomorrow to do what we need to do today. We even settle for feeling like we are flawed, or less than acceptable in some capacity.
3. Be Uncomfortable in Your Body
You deserve to feel amazing in your own skin I promise you there is nothing that tastes, or feels better than this!
We can be uncomfortable in our bodies for a number of different reasons. The most common, is when we don’t speak out in truth. Or perhaps, for you it is when you are not living life on purpose, lacking passion, unwilling or unable to ask for needs or wants. Maybe you are saying yes when you mean no, carrying extra body fat and feeling uncomfortable in your clothes. Let’s face it, when we are uncomfortable in our bodies, we don’t take risks. We hold back from doing the exact thing we so desire to do, because we unconsciously hold back from fully revealing ourselves to others, thereby keeping people at a distance.
When you embrace and address why you feel uncomfortable in your body – you can than empower yourself to change it by getting the support you need, plan in place and the
Where do you feel uncomfortable in your body and why?
4. Anything Less than Impeccable Self-Care – Will never do.
When you create impeccable self care in your life not only to you feel amazing but you have so much more to give to the people you love your career and you have the energy to do the things you really want to do.
- Self-care is about honor yourself and your needs.
- Do you take at least 30 minutes for yourself each day?
- Do you feed yourself and your soul with fuel, love, happiness and nourishment?
- Do you brush your teeth before you go to bed and have a bedtime ritual?
- Do you have positive self-talk or is your talk filled with self-punishment?
- Do you prioritize your work schedule? Do you have a start and end time, or do you work around the clock never really creating or completing anything – yet always feeling like you are working.
5. Allow Distraction and Procrastination
Distraction and procrastination keep us living in a very small version of who we were born to be. It often leaves us in indecision mode – avoiding the decision we know we need to make…the exact decision that would change our life in a positive way. What is important to know is that if your life is filled with distractions and you know you are procrastinating, you have the free choice to decide to do something about this – unless of course you like living your life here.
I know you don’t – and I also want you to know that you have the power to change your life, get what you want (and keep it)!
Most distraction and procrastination is a result of not having a clear plan, not believing you can, and not moving beyond the blocks that keep you stuck here.
Do yourself a big loving favor and please stop:
- Focusing on what everyone else is doing, or not doing.
- Eating sugar, or foods that serve your body – because of fear.
- Thinking, even for one second, that you can’t do something.
- Hiding behind your computer.
- Hiding out in your life.
This Week’s Question:
I can’t seem to do anything right! I made a New Year’s resolution that this would be the year that I would lose the 30 lbs. I gained during my pregnancy two years ago and do whatever necessary to build my online business to new heights. Here it is, the middle of April, and nothing has changed.
I feel like I will always be the one who just hopes and dreams to no avail. My girlfriends have tried to help, but I don’t think they can understand. They all work for someone else and don’t have all of the pressure and responsibility of owning a business. None of them has the weight problem I do. Whenever I tell them how I’m feeling, they just tell me it will all work out and that I worry too much.
I go to bed every night promising myself that tomorrow will be different – that I’ll quit spinning my wheels and accomplish more. But, for whatever reason, I keep failing to live up to my promises to myself, and I feel like I’m disappointing my husband and possibly even my friends.
What’s wrong with me – and how do I make it right?
Kelly -Frustrated in Florida
I am so glad you wrote in, Kelly! I reallywant you to hear me say this – “There is nothing wrong with you”!
The real truth is that you can be or do anything you desire. It’s not too late for you to meet your goals; in fact, you can turn things around starting today! So, let’s cut to the chase and ditch that entire BS that there is something wrong with you, and get you in a much better place, instead. Continuing to think you are flawed and unable to move forward is just holding you back and blocking you.
My Five Steps To A Better Place
Here are 5 steps that will shift your energy, motivation, and mindset. Decide to apply them today and watch your life and business begin to transform – instantly!
- Practice Motivation & Clarity. Let’s break this way down. My sense is that the combined thoughts of losing 30 pounds AND moving your online to new heights is depleting you – rather than motivating you. You see, you CAN accomplish it all and have it all – but first – let’s re-focus and break it all down into doable steps.Would you feel better thinking about losing 5 pounds instead of thirty? I bet you said yes! You see, you’re not giving up on losing thirty; you are simply shifting your focus for the next month to that of losing 5 pounds. It is what we do with consistency and momentum that allows us to achieve our goals.Breaking your goals way down into doable steps is key to unlocking your success. Instead of the much broader concept of taking your business to new heights – let’s get clear – what specific area of your business would you like to bring to a new level? Pick just one area of your business, and once you accomplish your goals in that area, then move on to the next area in which you would like to improve. Once you get clear, break it down into do-able steps and your motivation will sky rocket! Without motivation, we fail to take new action – and new action is always needed to create different results in our life.
- Ditch the “I promise and I’m hoping to.” Begin, immediately, to take ACTION. Take action like you mean it! The truth is – promises mean nothing. That is why, as you said, you keep failing to live up to your promises. You need new action! I cannot stress this enough – it’s all in the action.Once you gain more clarity about your goals and break them down into doable steps, then just look at them month-by-month. For example, by the end April define what you want to accomplish and then define the new action you will need to take to achieve this goal. If losing 1 ½ pounds by the end April is the goal – define the action(s) necessary to achieve this goal – such as: “Get rid of all junk food in the house and shop for nutritious foods that will support my goal to lose 1 ½ pounds by April 30th, and set my alarm 30 minutes earlier every morning to ensure enough time for a walk.”
- Stop worrying about what others think. The only person you are disappointing is you. No one else cares more about your life than you do, so take back your power NOW, by focusing on you! When you focus on what others think, you instantly disempower yourself, which is a complete distraction. It keeps you focused on what is not working and no new action will ever transpire in this place. You have no time for that. Your current level of happiness is less than what you deserve right now. You can’t disappoint others – they choose to be disappointed – remember this, o.k?You desire to live fully, intently, and with massive passion.
- Mindset – shift it now. I want your thinking to shift into that of being a winner! From this point forward no more thinking about what you haven’t done – once again, this does nothing but disempower you and keep you in the position of victim. Instead, imagine and fully see yourself as a winner, already in obtainment of your goals. How does this feel? Connect with this daily and often. See yourself in possession of you goals. This will make you feel so good and motivate you to take continued action.
- Find and Utilize Support. It’s important for you to build connections with like-minded people who get where you are in your goal setting, and can offer you helpful direction and guidance. This could mean making new friendships, joining a local group for businesswomen, or even hiring a private coach who can offer you important and effective tools you may be overlooking.
This Week’s Question:
I am always procrastinating and so tired of it! I have one day that is good, get things done and than three days of procrastination. It’s driving me nuts and I am beginning to think something is wrong with me. Could I be addicted to procrastination. Can you please give me some tips on ending procrastination?
There is nothing wrong with you and your not addicted to procrastination – don’t let your ego fool you! You are comfortable – that’s all. But, you also really desire more. (Procrastination is just the avoidance of taking action to get things done.)
Just because you know it well and it’s familiar – doesn’t mean you need to let it rule you. Imagine your new normal state of being — living in the life of you dream of – can you picture this? The more success we achieve, the more we get uncomfortable. Taking bigger leaps to achieve the ultimate success we crave, means moving the heck out of our comfort zone. And, procrastination is just a big disguise that keeps us stuck to what we know. Once you break the cycle – you step fully into the decision to be empowered!
Moving beyond procrastination means letting go of settling, getting clear about our desires, and be willing to get uncomfortable.
The following are my top 6 tips to conquering procrastination and living the life you crave!
1. Make A Commitment to Yourself!
Make a commitment to yourself that will show up each day in your life as the woman you were born to be! Now hold yourself to it, because you deserve to have the life you desire. Make a powerful commitment to yourself today.
2. Define Your Burning Desires!
Please do yourself a favor and stop telling yourself you do not know what you want. It may feel this way but your desire are within you right this moment, they may be covered up and been left on the back burner. Instead, make time to get clear about what you want and own this! Telling yourself you don’t know what you want is a sure way to keep procrastination around.
Create space, get clear, and really define what you want. Own your best life now by doing this exercise.
Whatever it is that you desire, write it down and make a list.
It’s like this — when you go to the grocery store you make a list of all the things you need right? If you didn’t have this list you would most likely forget some items, right? Make time today to write your desire out and be specific.
When we procrastinate, it’s often because what we are planning to do is not really aligned with what we truly want. Once you take time to get clear on your desires you will than need to take the action needed to manifest them.
3. Health, Well-Being, and High Energy!
Who has time to feel awful? Not you! You are meant to feel alive and on purpose. When you put your well-being first, your life and success dramatically improve. You will have so much more of the feel good energy needed to make positive changes in your life and take action on the things that matter most to you.
If you feel awful, chances are you’ll end up procrastinating and begin thinking something is wrong with you…because you keep on procrastinating.
What can you do today to empower yourself to have better well being in your life? Write down three things you can do – NOW.
4. Big Difference between Baby Steps and Acting Small.
“The difference between taking baby steps and acting small, is that one prepares you for success, the other for a fall.”
Cha, cha, cha -
Setting small goals for yourself will create forward momentum and make it much easier to do the next thing. Small goals that you accomplish put YOU in the driver’s seat, which makes you feel great!
Women often get caught up in “all or nothing” thinking and end up sabotaging themselves. Instead of thinking all or nothing, start thinking about the momentum and consistency made possible with small goals and baby steps. I promise you will feel so much better.
Procrastination keeps us playing a very small game. But, you are here to succeed – no doubt about it!
5. Visualize Life Without Procrastination.
Visualize you…showing up in your life in the biggest, boldest version of yourself. See and feel this. Imagine a life with no procrastination.
Close your eyes and see yourself in your life doing what matters most to you. How do you feel?
Use empowering words and STOP referring to yourself as a procrastinator. Would you rather been known as a women who kicks ass — or one who just procrastinates?
6. (JFDI) Just Freaking Do it!
JFDI NOW! – get out of your head and into your life. No excuses. Waiting until everything is perfect or you’re “in the mood” will always leave you two steps away from procrastination.
There is freedom and ultimate liberation when we Just Freaking Do IT!!!
Tell me what you will JFD today?
I used to settle a lot. There were years when I’d accept so much less than I wanted because I just thought that’s the way life was. At other times, I didn’t even know exactly what it was I wanted; I just knew that whatever it was, it was missing. I knew I had a longing, I just didn’t know I had a choice.
I wasn’t empowered to make the decisions that would move me toward living my authentic life. I disconnected myself from my inner truth because what I found there scared me. At the time, it seemed easier to hide out in the relationship I was unsatisfied with and try to convince myself that my career was just fine. And, I suffered some major consequences. When you settle for less than you want and deserve, you are acting from a place of fear. What I learned from my experience is that in all things, we must act from a place of love.
When you choose to be driven by love, you will begin to believe that life can be exactly how you want it to be. When you choose to become conscious of your truth, you will realize that the power of choice is available to you.
Ask yourself, “Why are you settling?”
We influence our life’s experience through the choices we make. And I’m talking, all of the choices we make. If you think about it, there is no such thing as a small choice. Every decision we make — choosing to eat or not eat, to say or not say, to listen to your inner voice or not listen — has a consequence. Whether it’s short or long term, with good or less than desirable results, each choice has an effect. Our power and influence over our lives comes from our ability to make choices. When we settle, we lose sight of that power – knowing somewhere in our heart that our inner truth has been compromised.
Examples of settling for less:
- I guess this is as good as it gets.
- It doesn’t really matter to me if I get married or have children.
- As long as I have 6-8 clients, that’s better than nothing.
- I can do this by myself. I don’t need any support.
- It’s better to have these friends than no friends.
- I can live on $2000 a month, so that’ll be good enough.
- At least I have a job, even if it’s one I hate.
- I’ll never lose these last 20 pounds, so why even try?
Ignoring your inner truth inevitably leads to self-sabotaging behavior – overeating, procrastination, a lack of personal responsibility – and ultimately, pain. Feelings of anger, boredom, frustration, loneliness and hopelessness take over and lead to chaos in our lives. The only reason we deny ourselves our inner truth is because our conscious self is too frightened to take bold steps, so we make less than authentic choices.
Take a look at where you are settling for less. Is it in your career, your relationship, your well-being? Make a list of those areas and describe how you’re settling.
- I don’t like the way my hair stylist does my hair, but I keep going back.
- I buy and eat cheap, un-nutritious food.
- I continue to work with clients who submit late payments.
Now, make a list of the consequences you have endured as the result of settling.
- I never feel cute and I resent paying for a haircut I don’t like.
- My food isn’t providing the nutrients that my body needs for proper health.
- I can’t pay my bills on time.
Ask yourself again. Why are you settling? Usually, we settle out of fear. We fear that we won’t have enough, that we’re taking too big of a risk, or we’re better off staying put rather than taking a chance. Take a good look at the underlying fear that leads to you settling for less. Is that fear rational? Why are you allowing it to hold you back?
Honor Your Power of Choice
Every choice you make has the power to shift your life direction. Intuitively you know that you desire more. Choose to end the chaos created by settling for less and begin to get clear about what you authentically want in your life. Change can be very uncomfortable; it’s time to get comfortable with it. Now, if you’re ready to commit to continuous growth and expansion, pay attention to what I just told you. Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
Never once have I heard any woman regret making the decision to no longer settle in her life. In fact, the reaction is always the opposite. “Look at the new abundant path I’m on! I can’t believe I settled for so long!” Getting comfortable being uncomfortable will lead you to take action and create the life you want and deserve. Empower your inner truth and honor your power of choice.
Stop settling for less.