There was a time in my life I was really disconnected to my own self. I didn’t even know what I liked, what pleased me, not to mention, what I wanted to do with my precious life. But the one thing I did know, I was not living the life I desired. I felt this in my soul. It’s not something I had to know – it was a feeling deep down inside me.
Once I figured out who I was as a woman, I was so afraid to reveal this to the world. I was afraid to dress the way I truly wanted, even as far as being afraid to wear too big of earrings in case people talked about me. I was afraid to tell people that, once, I really wanted to take my own life. I was afraid to eat super healthy food in front of people who weren’t eating the same way or who were unhealthy themselves. I thought people will think I am crazy; too much – too demanding – too into living a higher quality life.
So, I just kept myself a very small version of me in hopes I wouldn’t rock the boat. In order to not get people mad, I kept myself safe and small so others would like me and wouldn’t judge me for living a happy and healthy life.
Has something like this ever happened to you?
Many of my private clients used to be scared silly to express who they are as a woman and what their place is in this world. They stay quiet; stay in the wrong place in their lives or careers; carry extra weight and have depleted energy and bank accounts. Sound familiar?
Take an honest look at what your life is right now. When it comes to your body, your relationships, your personal life, your career - Are you a woman who is rocking it authentically, or are you hiding behind the rock? Playing small, playing safe and hiding behind a rock – doesn’t work EVER! I know!!
I lived behind the rock for a long time. Why? Because nothing was ever allowed to feel good … I never allowed myself the pleasure of a job well done; the pleasure of living a good and healthy life; of having quality relationships. Living behind the rock keeps you completely out of alignment with who you really are; who you are meant to be and it will never bring you any closer to your heart desires.
How do you step into who you really are as a women and be who you are meant to be?
Take a look at this list and see what you can change and start working on today.
Women Who Rock Out Life Authentically …
1. Never apologizes for who she is, what she wears, what she desires and for what she does or what she doesn’t like.
2. Says what she means even if it pisses people off.
3. Lives her life with compassion but doesn’t sacrifice her happiness for others.
4. Has very clear boundaries
5. Is very clear with when she says YES and when she says NO
6. Lives free from guilt, self-criticism, and gossip
7. Asks for what she needs – without hesitation.
8. Brings her best self forward even when she doesn’t feel like it.
9. Knows that if she is at a restaurant and her meal comes not to her standard, she can graciously ask for it to be returned, corrected or ask for something else – without feeling like she’s been needy or a b%$#@.
10. Knows how to please herself and knows how to ask others to please her.
11. Is surrounded by friends that support and challenge her to be her best.
12. Wears larger than life earrings when she feels like (My private clients did this – it felt so good to her to wear what she truly desired)
13. Rests and replenishes because she craves it.
14. Makes decisions without the need to justify them.
15.Knows when she indulges in spa treatments or shopping, she doesn’t have to hide it from her loved ones.
16. Spends quality time with her children and loved ones, free from distraction.
17. Thrives on contribution.
18. Knows exactly when she needs rest.
19. Flosses her teeth, feeds her body with high quality food.
20. Seeks all things wonderful.
21. Doesn’t waste time in drama and chaos
22. Has decided to no longer waste time with body image issue; rather set her life up to love her body and support it.
23. Invests in herself and life without hesitation or guilt.
24. Continuously adds more color in to her life.
25. Allows herself to connect to her sensual energy as women.
26. Lives in love not in fear.
27. No longer pretends everything is o.k. when it’s not. She stopped pretending and telling herself it will get better. She finally gives herself the gift of a powerful coach.
28. Allows dreams; she is curious; she desires the best for herself, family, animals and community
So tell me… how will you authentically start Rocking Your Life Out? Start today by posting your comments on how you will start. I would love to hear them!! Together we can do this!
I know sometimes we just feel like giving up! It seems like we are not making progress as we had hoped for the New Year and often it feels like “making progress” is taking forever. When we reach this point, we start to question if we made the right decision (or even if there is something wrong with us) and maybe that is why we are not as successful as everyone else seems to be. You may find yourself working so hard – and the results are nowhere in sight.
I want to reassure you, if you feel this way; – you are exactly where you are supposed to be! The very important thing to remember is “Now is not the time to give up!”
Often when we are working too hard, and pushing too much not seeing the results we desire – we become exhausted and begin to question ourselves – and we simply feel like giving up.
But now is not the time to give up! You have come way too far and to turn back now! Below are four simple tips that will help you create forward momentum, much better results, increase your level of happiness and put the bounce back into your step!
1. Give Yourself Permission
One reason that we get stuck, overwhelmed, and frustrated is because we suffer burn out and fatigue from trying so hard. I have a private client who has doubled her success by practicing my coaching instruction to simply give herself permission to rest and stop pushing. If you are like me, you want results yesterday! However, I have learned (and coach many women) to slow down when struggle sets in. Don’t push.
When we are pushing and tired our reality gets distorted. Instead of pushing and beating yourself up for what you have not yet accomplished, give yourself permission to take a break when you’re tired and everything feels like you’re going against the current. Fatigue is one of the number one causes for burnout. It causes second-guessing of oneself — one of the biggest reasons people quit! When you feel like you are spinning your wheels – allow yourself to step away – regain clarity – and get your prospective back. By allowing yourself to rest and connect with joy, you’ll be happier and more successful. Creativity flows and you will be more productive. Commit today to giving yourself permission to rest.
2. Let Go
When we are pushing rather than in an effortless flow – we just need to let go. When you become blocked and stuck, it’s time to check in with how attached you are to the outcome. You will know when you are really attached to the outcome because you will feel exhausted and ready to give up.
I have seen private clients attract more clients, land speaking gigs, land a great job, and find the perfect match – just by releasing their attachment to the outcome. Once you let go, you will find yourself being more resourceful, thinking out of the box, and seeing new opportunities. Your happiness level will sky rocket and you will achieve the exact results you desire – if not better.
3. Push Through the Dip
You may feel like you have hit a low, but really it’s the transformational point leading you to success. You may feel like giving up even though you’re doing all the right things. You are doing all the right things – just not seeing the results. Seth Godin wrote an amazing book called “The Dip” — the plateau that separates the average from the best in the world. Knowing what to do when you hit the dip is so important. If you have hit the dip and you can honestly say that going forward is the best decision, then you continue to move boldly ahead until you reach the other side. It might feel like the hardest you have ever worked, but once you make it, the results will be tremendous.
4. Give Yourself the Gift of Support
Support and (accountability) is everything! Sometimes, we can’t see our own blind spots and this often slows us way down, frustrates us, and we end up working even harder. When you are doing things in your life and business that you have never done before, having support makes all the difference in the world!
Working with a coach will not only support you and give you accountability, it will push you out of your comfort zone. All my private clients are so amazed that prior to investing in coaching with me, they thought they either didn’t really need a coach – or felt guilty about choosing to invest in coaching. Now, after being coached they are committed to always having this type of support in their life. Why? Because, left to our own devices we don’t do what we should or could. When we work with a coach, we make more progress and do it more rapidly. I personally know this – not just from coaching hundreds of women – but from investing in myself and having MY OWN private coach.
Imagine being empowered, clear, intentional, and living worry-free, in abundance around your money– always. Being conscious of your money increases your personal power. I have found a lot of people being slaves to their money – which essentially means that their money tells them what they can’t have – this is so disempowering.
People who are servants to their money say things like, “I would like to go out to eat with my friend for lunch (take a vacation, hire a coach, buy a new car) but I can’t afford it.” Their decision-making process comes from a place of lack, which means they create more lack in their life.
When people are servants to their money, it becomes really easy to make decisions that keep them in the servant role. They choose not to invest in themselves for fear there will not be enough. They start to avoid issues around their financial situation. They worry about money and let money tell them what they can’t have or can’t do. Their focus is on what they don’t have or can’t afford.
How we handle money is symbolic of our life. You may have heard the saying “How you do one thing is how you do everything.” This means that how you manage your money is how you manage your life. For example, if you don’t have enough money, you may frequently tell yourself that you don’t you have enough time. Another example would be how not knowing how much money is currently in your bank account translates to being unfocused when taking action towards creating your life vision. Avoiding taking responsibility with your money often turns into not taking responsibility for your life and the creation of your happiness.
I truly believe one of the biggest reasons people lack money is because they have tolerated a lack of it. The have tolerated less than a certain amount of dollars in their bank accounts, i.e. allowing unnecessary overdraft charges and late fees. When people are enslaved by their money, they are unconscious about how to attract more of it into their life. They avoid looking at bank account balance and opening bills, and they settle for less than they deserve.
A person who is empowered about money has the freedom to make decisions that are best for them, their families and business. They have financial freedom – their money tells them, “Yes! You can have, be or do whatever your heart desires!” They live in an abundant place and make decisions from there.
It is time to create a powerful shift regarding your money and finally step into the leadership role.
Below are 3 tips on how to Stop Being a Slave to Your Money and Step into Your Personal Power:
- Be Honest with YourselfBe willing to change your attitude around your money and have honest dialogue with yourself. Your higher self would never say that it’s okay to deplete your accounts to a zero balance and go even lower with overdraft fees – neither should you. Be honest with where you currently are financially and raise the bar of what you will tolerate in your bank account. If you always go into the negative at the end of the month, decide not to tolerate it any more; decide to tolerate no lower than $100 in your checking account ever.I have found that when people start to look at how they spend their money and decide to make changes they actually find more money. Look at all the places where you have money in your life and find ways to make more. Change your spending habits, leverage your talent to earn more profit or take action on plans to bring more money into your life.Before you spend money ask yourself whether your purchase will add value to your life. Be honest and ask yourself whether you’re spending money to fill a void. Are you spending because you believe that you’ll never have enough so there’s no point – this is being a slave to your money.Grab a piece of paper and make your Honest Money List. Write down the spending habits that are not serving you — the ones that are blocking you from obtaining prosperity. Then write down what you’re wiling to change. Be honest with yourself; make a commitment to be empowered with your money.
- Change Your ThoughtsHave you ever fantasized about all the things you could do if only you had enough money? Thoughts of abundance are key to attracting more money in your life. You’ve just got to learn how to master your inner money gremlin.
Your inner money gremlin is fear. It is self critical, it doubts, then it worries and goes right back to doubt. It thrives on lack and not having enough. The inner money gremlin chatter can be so loud that it can stop us dead in our tracks. It quickly leads you to believe that your life will always be in its current state of financial lack and chaos.
Beginning to understand the limiting beliefs that you have about money results in your being able to take action toward financial abundance.
Some (completely false) limiting beliefs:
I just don’t know how to manage my money.
If I were really meant to be in this career, I wouldn’t be having so much trouble.
The economy is so bad; it’s just not the right time to pursue my dream.
Money is the root of all evil.
People with money have it so much easier than I do.
I’m in so much debt; this is really bad.
It is time to begin to work through your limiting beliefs around money and become a master at managing them. Successful people have the same inner money gremlin. The difference is that they realize what the gremlin tells them is not relevant to who they are and the vision they hold for their life. Instead of focusing on their inner gremlin’s chatter, they focus on momentum towards their goals.
- Have Courage and Be Consciously AwareStarting today, begin to believe that you deserve to be comfortable with your money. You no longer need to hold your head in shame because your bank account balance is less than you desire.You do however need to be courageous and decide to raise your awareness. Decide that you will no longer let your bills have power over you. Instead, lead your money. The first step is to take an honest look at your current financial situation.Start by opening all those bills that are stacked up and actually look at the statements. If you have handed your financial power over to someone else because you have felt you’re not good at handling money, schedule a time to meet with them to find out your financial status. Start to take your power back now.To create lasting change you have to begin to know your money – one of the best ways to know your money is to take an honest look at it. It may be uncomfortable at first, but by making the commitment to doing so, you’ll find that you become more comfortable and feel more empowered. A higher level of confidence doesn’t come from having more money; it is developed through the process of taking courageous action and being more aware of what you have.
When you decide to change your relationship with money you will instantly feel a sense of freedom and hope. Money can only determine what you can do, be or have if you allow it to. When you begin to observe your money, fully believe you are worthy to receive more and get comfortable with it – it no longer holds power over you. The possibilities become endless.
One of the greatest ways I have seen women sabotage their life is by not listening to their inner truth. You see, it is really, really true that “the truth will always sets you free” even if, at first, it scares your panties right off you!
When you choose to honor your truth, you change your life in a powerful way. You honor your authentic-ness fully. When you speak your truth there is no more hiding out in a life that you really don’t want.
When you honor your truth, every word you speak and action you take only serves your big dreams and goals. The truth has a remarkable way of empowering us and instantly moving us to the next highest level in our life.
By listening to your truth you get profound clarity, increase your self-confidence, feel a whole lot better, and get a solid sense of what to do next. You become free to create the most amazing results in your life, relationships, well-being, and career.
So, how do you get connected to your truth, to listen to and honor it, and live as a BOLD TRUTHFUL WOMEN? Here are some special tips.
Make peace and tell yourself the truth. Stop elling yourself little white lies such as:
- “What you really want doesn’t really matter or could never even happen.”
- “It’s selfish to put your needs first.”
- “Your job is pretty good.”
- “It doesn’t make sense to leave your career and start your own business.”
- “You really want hot, passionate love but tell yourself you have no time for it or the relationship your in is better than none.”
Practice by listening to all your whisper of truth small and big.
Look in the mirror and tell your truth aloud. Write it on the mirror…all over it!
Tell yourself the truth when you exercise, draw, shop, get dressed, or feel uncertain & fearful.
Connect to a tribe of people who live by their truth.
Journal your truth and read it often.
Draw and color your truth on paper or even on a wall in your house.
Go Truth CRAZY!
Start to tell people your truth. (No, not your inner secrets) Start small like when you really don’t want to eat their food they offer you and say “no thank you” or when you just don’t want to do whatever it is they’re asking you. Honor your truth and speak it.
You may be saying, “Karen, I really don’t know how to connect with my truth. Where do I start?”
First, let go of looking everywhere for your truth. You already have it inside. It’s time to claim it! Begin to notice where you hold back. For example, when you want to say something and don’t, or when you want to go for it and don’t – why are you holding back? You most likely feel a negative sensation in your body. Your throat, heart, and stomach may hurt or feel tensed. Breathe into the restriction in your body. Then, ask yourself what do the restrictions have to tell you? Listen your truth will appear.
EMPOWER yourself today and let your truth be told!
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE?
Please do! Just be sure to include this complete blurb with it:
Empowerment Expert , and Master Certified Coach Karen Fagan publishes her “Live in Your Brilliance” weekly ezine. If you want special tips to live bold, brilliant and rich in your life and business, you can sign up for a FREE subscription to Live in Your Brilliance at www.karenfagan.com. Want to see more secret tips? see Karen’s blog at Karen http://www.karenfagan.com/blog/
I have coached hundreds of women over the years that have struggled – or are currently struggling and in pain with body image issues – feeling uncomfortable in their body. The truth is, they are not living the life they really want to live. It’s really holding them back from living a life with passion blocking them from going after what they want and keeping it!
I completely feel their pain. I really understand it, as I hid for many years behind my body image issues that left me feeling so uncomfortable in my own skin.
It took me a long, long time to fully understand that the struggle with my body image was keeping me from growing and expanding my entire life. I realized, in the process of struggling with my body image issues, I was just distracted in the un-truth and disconnected from my personal power.
If I had been connected to my truth and personal power, I would not have been critical of myself and my body at all. I would have honored myself and only noticed my beauty and wonder. I would have taken action like nobodys business to create my most yummy life.
Instead, I stayed in pain and missed opportunities for fun, love, and adventure.
My BIG turning point was when I realized my body images issues were nothing but a BIG DISTRACTION keeping me in hiding, preventing me from taking risk and living the life I really wanted to live. My body image issues thoughts, feelings, and actions –were creating the exact things I didn’t want in my life.
I deeply began to understand that obsessing about my body was a big decoy, because what I was really afraid of were the following:
- Not being enough
- Not measuring up
- My ability to receive love
- My life change… and so on, and so on.
I NOW know how to live a life Free from struggling with body image issues, and I want to help you find this Freedom, too. Its very empowering and life changing to feel vibrant and amazing in your skin.
I learned a huge reason why we struggle. Struggling only keeps us in the same place. Struggling keeps us from expanding our life, health and business. Body image issues constrict us (at every level) and deplete and drain us, and keep us imprisoned. It blocks true intimacy with life, keeping us from savoring or experiencing it fully.
When we obsess about our body, it is a huge indication that something is out of alignment within our heart, mind and life. It shows us we are disconnected from our truth and personal power and are hiding from what we are really afraid of.
Many women I have worked with have struggled with their body image. It breaks my heart, because I know these women really desire a full and bodacious life with complete emotional and financial Fr*eedom.
Body image issues are a big distraction, keeping you confined from taking action and fully creating the life you want. Think about this for a moment – Who would you be and what would do if you werent struggling with body image issues? Would you be confident, happy, blissful, and really successful?
Here are ways to Free yourself and move away from body image issues and into full Fr*eedom. Where you love your body, have sweet love for you and allow much bigger success to come to you:
1. Your body is completely beautiful allow yourself to own this and stop denying it. It may not be where you want it to be, but you have the power to change this. For now, see your beauty.
2. Your body is brilliant and takes care of all things for you. Honor it. Respect it. Fuel it and listen to it.
3. Create a list of all the wonderful things your body lets you do. Read it and add to it often. Example: I love my legs because they take me great places and I get to see so many wonderful places with them.
4. Make peace and be Free. Your body is a beautiful vessel that carries your soul.
5. When you obsess about your body image, ask yourself this question: “What is it that I really want in my life that I do not yet have and why am I holding myself back?”
6. Visualize feeling amazing in your body and skin. Fully connect to it. This will instantly empower you to make better choices for you.
7. Re-focus on something that you really love about your body (you will find it if you are willing to look with love). If love seems too much – then start with what you like.
8. Reflect on all the things you really want to accomplish in your life and business. Realize that if you shift your focus away from negative thoughts about your body, you’ll move into beautiful thoughts of achieving your true dreams and desires. This shift will instantly make you feel better and motivate you to take action to go after what you want.
9. Make a list of the things you have put off due to body image issues, then go and take action on one item. Notice how fantastic this feels.
10. Write a Sacred Contract letter to your body with your commitment for honoring it starting today and include a thank you for all its wonder and beauty.
11. Rest and nourish your body like royalty. Rest, replenish, stretch, massage, hydrate, and moisturize it. Stop pushing so hard rest.
12. Exercise because it makes you feel better, connects you with your personal power, and makes your body healthy, strong, and shapely.
13. Think back to a time in your life when you felt good about your body and connect to this feeling again. You will take inspired action from this feeling state.
14. Write a list of at least 10 positive things about yourself and add to this list daily.
15. When you find yourself being harsh on your body, get curious and find out what you’re really afraid of.
16. Please, release attachment to the way your body used to be. Meet yourself where you are today – so you can be Free of struggle and this will empower you to take the action you need for the changes you desire.
Doing even one of these action items will shift your energy, have you feeling much better in your own skin, connect you with your beautiful body, and move you into a place that allows more abundance in your life.
1. Understand Your Body’s Natural Energy Flow
Understand your natural ebb and flow of energy throughout the day so that you feel a sense of peace, calm and overall ‘feel good’. Doing this, and aligning life with your natural energy flow, will increase your energy level on a daily basis.
Perhaps you are full of energy first thing in the morning, or maybe your energy level increases in the evening. Knowing when your energy peaks is helpful when planning to do the things that you normally resist, or put off doing. Scheduling these when your energy is higher is going to make a huge difference in your productivity, happiness, self-confidence, and joy.
Once you understand your natural, daily energy rhythm, you can work on the important tasks during your peak hours, and avoid “trying” to do these tasks when your energy level is too low.
2. Organize Your World
A scattered world leads to a scattered life – which depletes our energy level and only leaves us feeling less than productive. Let’s face it, when our lives our scattered we end up procrastinating and turning our back on the very things that need our attention.
You can organize your world in big and small ways. A small way would be to create an intentional plan for how you will use your time each day. Create this plan first thing in the a.m. A big way to organize your world may be to rid the clutter that drives you nuts! This could be achieved by scheduling time on your calendar to finally organize your home or office.
You deserve to live a non-chaotic life. There is nothing that feels better, or raises your energy level quicker, than the organization of your world. When your world is organized, you don’t have to expend mental energy to keep track of “a million things”.
Make a decision now about what top three things you need to organize in your life, and then complete the process, so you can have more energy each day.
3. Move Gym Time to the Morning
I know, firsthand, the power of exercising first thing in the a.m. And, I have committed to doing this, not only for the amazing energy it gives me, but because I give more to everything I do and to the people in my world, family friends, clients, when I work out early. This one step will transform your entire life, if you do it and do it with consistency.
A lot of people go to the gym after work, and this is often because it is something they dread and end up blowing off. Instead, allow yourself to experience all of the amazing benefits of exercising first thing in the morning. This is YOUR time. A time for you and you ONLY. When you start your day off like this – your energy will soar!
Exercising in the morning gives energy that lasts all day – PLUS it increases your level of self-confidence and overall ‘feel good’ energy.
Sure, you will have to wake up an hour or two earlier, but I guarantee you are so worth it! After you create this new morning ritual, it will simply become something you just do –
like brushing your teeth.
4. Do Away With Low-Value “Things & Tasks”
To live a Bold, Brilliant and Rich Life (and get these kinds of results in your life) you must do away with anything that is low in value. Move your energy, thoughts, and actions toward the things that bring the highest level of value to your life.
This means doing away with participating in, or spending time on, anything of a lower nature. How do you know if it is of lower nature? The answer is, you will feel it in your body. Your energy level will be low. It’s that simple!
Some steps to eliminating low value things in your life can include:
- Stop eating low value foods that you know do not serve your body, but rather deplete your energy
- Refuse to participate in someone else’s drama. Remember, even listening to it can drain your energy.
- Do away with low value tasks. Be fully aware of which activities are bringing you the highest return in your life – and spend more time doing them.
If you have a ridiculously long to-do-list that is simply impossible to get all the way through, and you feel tired just thinking about doing those items, here are some tips that are sure to turn your to-do-list (and energy level) around:(I highly recommend that you look at each item on your to-do-list and ask yourself the following questions):
- 1. Is doing and completing this item going to add to the value of my life?
If you answered YES, go to question number two. If you answered NO, free yourself of the struggle by knocking it off your list right now! Just be done with it.
- 2. If doing this item is going to add value to your life, ask yourself this: Are you the only person that can complete the task, or is there someone you can delegate this task to?
(When we delegate we free our energy both mentally and physically so we can put into more of the things we love.)
Next, add the following to your to-do-list.
5. Schedule a massage & take an Epsom’s Salts bath.
Add this to your to-do-list. A to-do-list should always include personal care items, like a massage and special bath time. Both will help you let go of any stress you are holding in your body that is zapping your energy. It is a wonderful way to nurture your body, mind, and soul and regain an increased sense of well- being and clarity.
Decide to make getting massage a normal part of your life so you do this regularly. It may seem like it’s too much of a luxury at first, and you will probably tell yourself why you “shouldn’t “ do it, but once you allow yourself to experience all of the wonderful benefits a massage offers, such as more energy in your life, you will want to do it regularly.
Adding a weekly Epsom’s salts bath to your routine is an inexpensive luxury! I do this at night – and I can tell you that the nights I do this are the nights I sleep so well, and awake so refreshed the next morning.
This is what happens when we take impeccable care of ourselves! We have more energy, feel more gratitude and abundance, and have so much more to offer the world.
6. Empowerment Dressing is incredibly energizing.
When we put beautiful clothes on our bodies we feel better, and our energy levels go up! You don’t need to spend a fortune on clothes to look and feel like a million, either.
If you are in a rut – wearing a lot black – begin to throw some brighter colors into your outfits – this is a natural energy lifter.
Dressing up naturally makes you feel better about yourself. It has a magical way of giving you more energy and connects you to your feminine sensual energy.
When you wear clothes that are so/so, you end up feeling so/ so, and honestly your self-confidence and what you accomplish ends up being so/so, as well. Make a commitment to wear clothes that uplift you and make you feel good.
–Put on some make up. A little lip-gloss can make the difference between feeling like a rock star and feeling like a frump. Putting on body lotion that invigorates your senses and soul will stir your internal energy. Do this and you will be amazed at how empowered you feel.
7. Plan to fuel your body with high quality fuel foods.
I often talk to women who tell me that their energy level is so low. Sure enough, they come to find out that their nutritional intake is way too low and they are not drinking enough water. They just aren’t eating enough to fuel their body!
Consistently eating 5-7 small meals of lean protein, good carbohydrates, vegetables, fruit, and good fats will make a huge impact on your energy level and physique.
Decide today to eliminate all food that is of a lower nature and depletes your energy. Instead, choose foods of a higher quality to fuel your energy. If you do this, you are going to feel so amazing and empowered. There is nothing that tastes better than eating well!
This Week’s Question:
I am absolutely thrilled to be a mom, wife and business owner, but there are days when I struggle and need “HELP!” I need direction and guidance on how to be more efficient and also GROW my online business. I think I need a coach – but have never worked with one before.
Can you advise me on what it might cost and some of the benefits I may be over-looking?
-A Clueless Admirer
Hi Clueless Admirer,
This is a great question — but first, let me say that you are not clueless at all. You are brilliant, because you already know you need support and direction, and have asked a great question.
This is such a huge part of really being honest. You are admitting that what you are doing on your own isn’t bringing the results you truly want. Anytime we say “I think”– it really means we know in our heart what we need to do to create different results. Also, I love your energy and excitement with the blend of your life being a mom, wife, and entrepreneur. But, it’s really important to line up the support you need, so you don’t get burned-out. That way, you will stay connected to your excitement and feel good energy.
People often say to me “Karen you are so productive and growing so much!” Yes, it’s true I do have lots of energy and I am motivated from within. But the real truth is, I would never accomplish what I do if I didn’t have a coach and an amazing support team. Working with a high-level coach has completely revolutionized my life and business. I am happier, more productive, focused, and have a much, much bigger vision for my life. I am helping more people and meeting so many amazing people as a result of my coach’s input, and I have tripled my income!
To be completely honest, I will always have a coach and mentors in my life because I know what my life was like before — without a coach — and what my life is like now, since investing in working with a coach.
I will never go back to not having a coach!
It’s important to align yourself with a coach who is already doing what you want to do, has the level of success you desire, and who is dedicated to her own growth and invests in coaching for herself.
Pricing varies and is different for all coaches. As with anything else, you get what you pay for. Less experience may mean less cost to you – but it can also mean less success for you. For me, I wanted to work with the best and was ready to pay for it — even if it didn’t make sense on paper. I asked myself (as I ask others), “What is it costing both emotionally and financially by NOT having a coach?” I knew deep in my soul, my entire life would change in a powerful way by hiring a coach. And it has!
The bold truth is that hiring a coach is not a magic pill. You must be ready to show up fully and do your work (which I know you are just from what you wrote). Often people say it didn’t work, when really they weren’t willing to dump the excuses and take different action.
As the saying goes — “You get out of it what you put into it.”
Having a coach for growing your online business will provide you specific strategies you need. A coach will create a plan to assist you with your greatest vision, support and help you overcome any fear and obstacles you may have, provide accountability and perhaps a different perspective. An excellent coach will always remind you of what you said you really wanted when you start to wander or get fearful. She will reflect back on your accomplishments, bring out the best in you, and offer you accountability. What I know for sure, is that by investing in an experienced coach, you will get the results you desire in a much, much quicker time than by doing it all by yourself.
Once you empower yourself and make the decision to have your own coach, you will be pleasantly surprised at how much your energy increases.
It sounds like you are ready to invest in yourself, your life and business. This is key. Private coaching is truly an opportunity to invest in yourself so you can become more of who you are and make a much bigger impact in the world. The world awaits your greatness!